About Me

My photo
I am a new wife and a new addition to the adult world. I have finally started my career as a teacher and I am trying to live my life while waiting for the next step (house and family). I am trying to keep up with my love for writing. I do it because it allows me to relive an adventure already taken or to create an experience I may not have had. I am currently teaching, trying to write a book, working on this blog, and loving on my adorable and awesome husband.

Sep 26, 2012

Greek Stuffed Pitas



Love this recipe!  It is so easy and healthy.  And to make it even quicker (and cheaper) skip the tapenade and it is a five minute meal.  Can't beat that!
Ingredients:

Tapenade
1 medium garlic clove
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar

Sandwich
1 1/2 cup diced cucumber (1 cucumber)
1 1/4 cup diced tomato (3 roma tomatoes) 
3/4 cups crumbled feta  
1/2 cup finely diced radishes
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
Freshly ground black pepper
4 pitas

Directions:

Tapenade
1. Put the garlic in a food processor and chop.
2. Add olives, olive oil, and vinegar and process until spreadable but not completely smooth.

Sandwich
1. In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and radishes.
2. Add the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, and a few grinds of pepper and toss to combine.
3. Slice the pitas in half and open the pockets.
4. Divide the tapenade among the pitas, spreading evenly inside each.
5. Stuff each pita with about 1/2 cup of spinach and 1/2 cup of the sandwich mixture and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment