About Me

My photo
I am a new wife and a new addition to the adult world. I have finally started my career as a teacher and I am trying to live my life while waiting for the next step (house and family). I am trying to keep up with my love for writing. I do it because it allows me to relive an adventure already taken or to create an experience I may not have had. I am currently teaching, trying to write a book, working on this blog, and loving on my adorable and awesome husband.

Mar 16, 2011

Movie Review: The Fighter

Alright, so The Fighter, hands down the best  movie of the year!  King's Speech was great too but The Fighter just had more to it.  For example, Mark Wahlberg....Oh Yeah! Enough said.  But really Mark and the rest of the cast were fantastic!
Photo From: http://fighter-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/
We were able to enjoy this movie at a special screening.  My Love, is in the entertainment business and thus gets to attend free screenings of certain movies.  As a bonus, at these screenings there is a Q&A with some of the cast and crew after the movie.  For this film the attending cast members were...Mark Walhberg, Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Melissa Leo, and Jack McGee as well as director David Russell.
The movie is about two brothers who grew up in Massachusetts and became boxers.  The older brother Dicky found amateur success early but lost it through drug and alcohol abuse.  But his younger brother Micky was determined to fulfill Dicky's dreams and become a successful professional boxer.  The film follows the brothers, and their family struggles with life and success.
The characters are so lovable!  You are constantly rooting for them or getting angry at them.  The fights are exhilarating and had everyone in the audience including us on the edge of their chairs.  The relationships are dynamic and real and it is all fantastic acting!  There were many great films this year but this was definitely our favorite!
My Mark Walhberg Autograph (Thanks Mom)
After the film, the cast came out to a standing ovation to take questions from the audience and talk about the film.  This is always an extremely interesting experience.  Mark Wahlberg was great, very nice, and well dressed.  Christian Bale had long hair and was under dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, but was very nice.  Amy Adams, was a bit short and did not seem like the nicest person, or very thankful to be where she is in her career.  I don't know if she was having a bad day or what, but it definitely made me think differently about her.  Melissa Leo was...well...strange.  But if you happen to catch her Oscar speech you could have probably picked up on that.  Jack McGee was very funny and also seemed like a very nice man.  And finally, David Russell the director was...also...strange.  Definitely the "director type".  Very direct and straight forward.
Anyway, besides the odd mix of the cast in real life, boy could they work together!  I highly suggest seeing this movie.



4 of 4 Thumbs Up

No comments:

Post a Comment