About Me

My photo
I am a new wife and a new addition to the adult world. I have finally started my career as a teacher and I am trying to live my life while waiting for the next step (house and family). I am trying to keep up with my love for writing. I do it because it allows me to relive an adventure already taken or to create an experience I may not have had. I am currently teaching, trying to write a book, working on this blog, and loving on my adorable and awesome husband.

Apr 3, 2011

Gladstones (Malibu, CA)

Gladstones has become kind of a tradition for us.  For our last two anniversarys we have gone to Gladstones for either lunch or dinner.  This year we won't be able to go because we are getting married on our anniversary!  But for those of you that can make it, it is worth going!
http://wodani.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/gladstones.jpg
Gladstones in Malibu has many perfect elements.  The location is amazing, right on the ocean.  You can pretty much see the ocean from anywhere in the restaurant.  However, if you go for lunch you have a better chance of getting a window booth or table.  The feel of the restaurant is nice but casual.  The servers are very professional and the price is a bit on the high side but it is worth it for a special occasion or if you just want to treat yourself.  And being able to walk the beach before or after is perfect for a date.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/208/51994521
7_afd44df2d7.jpg
Besides the view we go for the food, specifically the Famous Chowder.  My Love and I really enjoy a good chowder and Gladstones has the best we have had here in Southern CA.  The first time we went we shared a bowl but the second time we knew better and each ordered our own.  The rest of the menu is large and has a lot of variety.  We all know I am a pasta girl so I have ordered both the Garlic Shrimp Scampi and the Lobster Fettuccine on different occasions, and both were fantastic!  The lobster was a bit more luxuries, but maybe that is just because it is lobster.  The scampi was very flavorful.  My Love definitely takes advantage of the occasion and last time ordered the Whole Grilled Maine Lobster.  Not cheap but some pretty darn good lobster! Yum!
And after we enjoy our meal and leave our great server a big fat happy anniversary tip (our tradition, lucky them) we usually head out to the sand and watch the waves crash on the beach for a bit.  And take home any of the left over food in our unique animal tin-foil wraps.

Destination: Malibu, Ca

Point of Interest:
Gladstones http://www.gladstones.com/
Famous Chowder
Garlic Shrimp Scampi
Lobster Fettuccine
Whole Grilled Maine Lobster

No comments:

Post a Comment