About Me

My photo
I am a new wife and a new addition to the adult world. I have finally started my career as a teacher and I am trying to live my life while waiting for the next step (house and family). I am trying to keep up with my love for writing. I do it because it allows me to relive an adventure already taken or to create an experience I may not have had. I am currently teaching, trying to write a book, working on this blog, and loving on my adorable and awesome husband.

Aug 18, 2011

Stuffed Squash

So, I attempted a new recipe last night.  And I did it all by myself.  Since my husband, who usually stands close by to keep an eye on the food or wait for my cry for help, was over at a friends house.  And...it turned out great.  The critic formally known as My Love said it could use a bit more time in the oven to soften up the squash more but generally pretty darn good.
The cooking process itself was a bit longer than I would have hoped but I guess that comes with cooking a "real" meal verses the cheese quesadillas I usually throw on the stove in desperation of a quick hunger fix.  No one step was particularly difficult but there were just a lot of steps.
First you saute the veggies, for me minus the onions since I am allergic.  Then brown the meet.  Followed by adding the seasoning which I skipped because I didn't have.  So I threw in some salt, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and cayenne (all ingredients of the suggested seasoning).  Then you put the meet and veggies together, throw in the canned sauce and let that thicken up while you hollow out the squash slices. The hollowing process was surprisingly a lot less difficult than I expected.  But when you finish that the sauce mixture has to come off the stove and cool for about 10mins.  So after waiting for that I added the cheese and then scooped the mixture into the squash.  After which, I realized there was either not enough squash or way too much of the mixture.  I only used about have of what I made (I am thinking of throwing the rest over pasta, because it tastes like a really good meat sauce).  Finally, they bake in the oven for about 20mins.
And Voila....a yummy and healthy dinner made by yours truly.
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2009/09/recipe-for-meat-tomato-and-mozzarella.html

Next up: Stuffed Bell Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment