About Me

My photo
I am a new wife and a new addition to the adult world. I have finally started my career as a teacher and I am trying to live my life while waiting for the next step (house and family). I am trying to keep up with my love for writing. I do it because it allows me to relive an adventure already taken or to create an experience I may not have had. I am currently teaching, trying to write a book, working on this blog, and loving on my adorable and awesome husband.

Aug 2, 2012

Honeymoon Part 2: Savu Savu, Fiji

Now it has been awhile and you probably don't want a 7 day long play by play anyway so I am just going to give you the highlights.

One of the next things we did was sign up for one of the resort adventures to go snorkeling at a near by reef. It was about a half an hour drive around the island to this reef. There were probably eight of us guests that went and we were all excited and ready to snorkel. When we arrived our activity guide, John, warned us about possible itching we might experience after snorkeling and said that this was sea lice. You can imagine everyone's reaction. He added that it was not dangerous and we could put vinegar on our bodies after the swim if we itched badly enough.
Okay, so here we go about to step in prepared to possibly come out a bit itchy. But when our flappy feet hit the water we instantly felt the sea lice. It doesn't hurt but it is uncomfortable. Although it doesn't hinder your abilities it was actually pretty funny to look around underwater and see everyone rubbing themselves to diminish the feeling you could not get to go away. Regardless we snorkeled and explored for about 45 minutes and it was great.


After the trip I was of course the only one to have actual red bumps appear and I still itched for about an hour afterward but it was totally worth it! And the vinegar really did help. Who knew.

Destination: Savu Savu, Fiji
Points of Interest: Koro Sun Resort http://www.korosunresort.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment