About Me

My photo
I am a new wife and a new addition to the adult world. I have finally started my career as a teacher and I am trying to live my life while waiting for the next step (house and family). I am trying to keep up with my love for writing. I do it because it allows me to relive an adventure already taken or to create an experience I may not have had. I am currently teaching, trying to write a book, working on this blog, and loving on my adorable and awesome husband.

Aug 1, 2012

Apple Crisp



In the midst of cooking 7 days of homemade dinners I had to throw in one dessert! I gave My Love three options and this is what he chose. Super easy and super yummy! Can't go wrong with that! Even better, the only things I didn't have were the apples and cake mix. Most people might have to buy the oats too but My Love is from the south so he eats them for breakfast.


The most labor intensive part of this meal is peeling the apples but it's not too bad. Then you just mix the rest up.

Quick note: It says one pack of yellow cake (9oz) I couldn't find any that small. I think the box I bought was 14oz or something like that. I used the extra to make the snickeroodle recipe that was on the back of the box ;)

Ingredients

  • 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 7 medium)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Dash salt
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
  • 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • Vanilla ice cream

Directions

  • Place apples in a greased 2-1/2 qt. shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with water. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, butter, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Sprinkle over apples.
  • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
  • http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Oat-Apple-Crisp?pmcode=ILIDC05U&_mid=2286129&_rid=2286129.904601.464131

No comments:

Post a Comment